Thursday, August 6, 2015

24 Things to Always Remember

I'm not sure where I found this list anymore, but as I was looking through an old notebook it made me smile.

I wrote this list down back in the times of chain emails...remember those? I don't really get things like that through emails anymore. Now all I get are sales ads and the occasional doctor's appointment reminder. It is strange how things change. I mean, who even needs email anymore when we have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. I still have email (I mean you kind of have to so you can log into all the other things) and do occasionally use it for personal coorespondence, but come one, Facebook is so much easier.

photo credit

Anyway, enough reminicing. On to the list of...

24 Things to Always Remember

1. Your presence is a present to the world.

2.  You are unique and one of a kind.

3. Your life can be what you want it to be.

4. Take the days just one at a time.

5. Count your blessings, not your troubles.

6. You'll make it through with whatever comes along.

7. Within you are so many answers.

8. Understand, have courage, and be strong.

9. Don't put limits on yourself.

10. So many dreams are waiting to be realized.

11. Decisions are too important to leave to chance.

12. Reach for your peak, your goal, your prize.

13. Nothing waste more energy than worrying.

14. The longer one carries a problem the heavier it gets.

15. Don't take things too seriously.

16. Live a life of serenity.

17. Not a life of regrets.

18. Remember that a little love goes a long way.

19. Remember that a lot goes forever.

20. Remember that friendship is a wise investment.

21. Life's treasures are people together.

22. Realize that it's never to late to do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.

23. Have health, hope and happiness.

24. Take the time to wish upon a star.

And don't forget for even a day how very special you are!

photo credit

These are all good tips for a healthier, happier, similar life. But right now number three stands out to me: Your life can be what you want it to be. 

I have dealt with identity issues in the past, especially while being a stay at home mom trying to keep up with pintrest perfection. The secret is ... you can't. Well, I can't. It is not something that makes me happy. It makes me fake. I hate being fake. I love a little bit of chaos, which you can tell by our house bursting full with arts and craft projects. They will never be Pintrest worthy, but they are made in love. 

I want to live more simply and have more confidence. The only way I'm going to achieve those things is if I am brave and embrace myself, just as I am.

My dilemma right now is home/work balance. I'm excited that my life can be what I want it to be. I want to write more, like I'm doing now. And I want to spend all of these precious moments with my family that I can. Zoey is going to be 6 in just a couple weeks. I can't believe it! Life goes by so fast, I want to stop and appreciate it. I'm still working on the balance. I'm not sure that I will ever stop trying to find the balance I need to fulfill every part of my life. But the important thing is that I am trying and I am open to change. I am living intentionally to make my life what I want it to be. 

It is a good life. 

photo credit



Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment